Days & Times:
Covid-19: News about runs
Currently our Club meets on a Sunday morning for a ‘socially distanced run’; split in to two groups:
– 5km runners led by running leader Mike.
– 10km runners led by running leader and club chair, Caz.
Our ‘socially distanced’ runs follow guidelines from England Athletics and government regulations and advice: https://www.englandathletics.org/athletics-and-running/news/guidance-update-step-2/.
We are allowed to take five runners per run leader, asking everyone to run at a 2 metre distance from one another and subject to the provisos listed here:
- to take responsibility for socially distancing during the run
- to attend only if you (or anyone in your household) have NO signs and symptoms of the virus
- to wash your hands prior to leaving home
- to carry hand sanitiser
- to take suitable tissues/wipes to open/gates/climb over stiles
- to keep 2 metre distance apart during the session
- to bring own water bottle.
At present, because of having to limit numbers, we have a booking system. An email will be sent to all members on Thursday each week listing availability of run places for the coming Sunday and Tuesday.
Places will generally be allocated on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, while also trying to ensure that everyone gets a chance to run. If you’re allocated a slot, you’ll be asked to read and acknowledge a disclaimer & code of conduct the first time you run.
Contact Caroline on email@example.com
if you would like to come along.
We look forward to seeing you!